Veterans Affairs

U.S. Department of veterans Affairs

301 N Buxton St, Suite 107
Indianola, IA 50125

Phone: 515-690-9334
Fax: 515-961-9651

Office Hours

7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Can you spare a day a month to help a disabled veteran?

If you can, you can make a huge difference in the life of a disabled veteran. Volunteer drivers are needed to transport veterans to their medical appointment at the VA Hospital in our van. You decide what day you are going to drive. We provide the vehicle, gas and a lunch ticket for the driver. No pressure once you sign up — we will schedule you for a day of your choosing. If you have a valid driver’s license and a few hours a month to spare, we would love to hear from you. We transport Monday through Friday during normal working hours. These veterans have served for us, now it’s our turn to serve them. Do you want to do something that is satisfying and of great service to your community? Then become a volunteer driver! Contact Deb Segebart or Dave Titus at Warren County Veterans Affairs at 515-962-5102. Our office is located at 301 N Buxton St, Suite 107, Indianola, IA.

Application Assistance

Warren County’s VA staff helps eligible veterans apply for compensation and pension programs to assist veterans and their dependents, including the following:

  • Compensation for Service-Connected Disability/Death
  • Non-Service-Connected Disability Pension
  • Death Pension for Surviving Spouse and Dependent Children
  • Aid and Attendance for Nursing Home and Housebound Veterans
  • Appeals of Unfavorable VA Rulings
  • Eligibility Verification Reports (EVR)
  • Application for Iowa Veterans Home
Additional Assistance

The staff also assists with:

  • Obtaining military records and awards.
  • Distributing grave markers and flag holders for Warren County.
  • Networking with Veteran’s Administration Hospitals.

The veteran must have been discharged under honorable conditions and have served 90 days or more of Federal active duty service.
We also provide County Assistance for emergency situations for rent/mortgage, utilities/propane, gas, and food. A copy of veteran’s DD214 military discharge needs to be provided for service verification and type of discharge