General Assistance

Joelle Stolte

Health Services Director

Sarah Downard


301 N Buxton Indianola, IA 50125
Phone: 515-690-9204

On Location
WeLIFT Job Search Center

106 E 2nd Avenue
Indianola, IA 50125
(515) 962-5017
2nd Monday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
4th  Monday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

Office Hours

8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Warren County Administration Building

On Location
Lighthouse Community Center

109 W Boston Avenue
Indianola, IA 50125
(515) 333-2458
Tuesday 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Appointments are Recommended. Please call 515-690-9204 to schedule an appointment to receive general assistance funding.

Warren County General Assistance Guidelines

Chapter 3 Policy

Warren County General Assistance provides assistance to Warren County residents who meet county guidelines. General Assistance follows the guidelines set forth in the county ordinance established by the Warren County Board of Supervisors. Assistance is given to the needy and poor who are unable to get assistance from other sources or that assistance is being delayed. Applicants must apply for all possible state and federal programs they may qualify for in order to receive assistance and comply with these programs.

Intake procedure: Call to apply or walk in.
Eligibility requirements: Warren County Resident.
Warren County General Assistance includes the following services: food pantry, rental assistance, utility assistance (must have a disconnect and made payments), medical, dental, and prescription assistance, as well as information and referral for such needs.

To apply
please provide the following for everyone in the household::
A completed application
Income Verification (i.e. pay check stubs for the last 30 days, employers written statement, Social security Administration statements (SSI, SSA, SSDI), Child Support, Foster Care Income, FIP, Veterans Benefits, etc.)
30-days of bank account transactions or other means of showing how money has been spent over the previous 30-days
A copy of your lease agreement, if needing rent assistance

If you are a Veteran that has served during designated times and have an honorable discharge you would need to contact the office of Warren County Veteran Affairs to complete the application with them.